Sending the best Mother’s Day flowers
We’re often told by our florists’ delivery drivers that they have the best job in the world – because they get to see the huge smiles on the faces of those receiving a surprise gift of flowers, especially at Mother’s Day. But what flowers should you send to surprise mum?
When thinking about your Mother’s Day flower delivery, take time to think about what your mum likes! If she has a favourite flower or colour combination, choose a Mother’s Day gift that includes this flower or brings together flowers in the ideal colourway. Direct2florist’s network of skilled professional florists will ensure your Mother’s Day gift is beautifully packaged and presented too, using complementary gift wrap and accessories.
Just remember to order early to ensure your chosen Mother’s Day bouquet is delivered on time by one of Direct2florist’s talented local florists.
And finally, to help you select the very best flowers for delivery on Mother’s Day, here’s a list of eight favourites your mum is guaranteed to love.
- Carnations (regarded by some as the official flower of Mother's Day)
What is the best flower colour for Mother’s Day?
Once again, when it comes to choosing the best flower colours for mum, Pink is probably the most common colour for Mother's Day flowers and an undoubted Direct2florist customer favourite. From the traditional favourites of chrysanthemums and carnations to bright and bold gerberas and stylish tulips, you are sure to find a pink flower to match mum’s style.
Another popular choice is yellow – synonymous with the spring season of course – while white and cream are classic and understated softer tones that are ever popular. In contrast, when colour does all the talking an eclectic mixture of orange, violet and red all come to the fore.
Direct2florist: your perfect partner for Mother’s Day flowers
Direct2florist offer a super selection of floral gifts suitable for mums of all ages. Our Mother’s Day Flowers, featuring beautiful bouquets, hand-tied designs, flowers delivered complete with vases, traditional or modern designs and much more, are all handmade with freshness guaranteed, delivered on Mother’s Day by independent local florists.
What’s more, when ordering through Direct2florist you’ll be supporting a local small business. Our arrangements are handmade by a talented professional florist and personally delivered on Mothering Sunday (or any other day for that matter), complete with your personalised card message, there's no better way to show you care than with flowers. If you would like your flowers for mum to be delivered on the Saturday, turning the occasion into Mother's Day weekend, that’s no problem either!
For the perfect Mother’s Day gift, look no further and let Direct2florist take the strain. We know your mum will be pleased. Order flowers now with confidence in just a few clicks.
How to get flowers delivered on Mother's Day
Sending flowers to mum for delivery on Mother’s Day couldn’t be easier thanks to Direct2florist’s customer-first online ordering platform.
Designed for ease of use, simply enter the delivery address where you need to send Mother’s Day flowers and we’ll connect you with local florists who can design and make and a brilliant gift for mum. Ordering Mother’s Day flowers takes less than two minutes…just select your preferred florist based on real customer reviews and select from their wide range of gifts.
Your order will be hand delivered by the florist’s own delivery driver ensuring your flowers arrives in top condition. What’s more, we’ll share a delivery confirmation that means you don’t have to worry, and we’ll even share a photo of the lucky recipient with her flowers on Mothering Sunday!
We all love our mums, so it’s perhaps unsurprising that Mother’s Day is the busiest flower sending occasion of the year. So do please order early to secure the pick of the freshest flowers and help your florist plan for the big day.
Value for money flowers for Mother’s Day
Ever ordered flowers for someone special and felt there should have been more blooms for your money? You’re not alone! That’s why Direct2florist is here. Unlike the traditional big-name players in the flower sending sector, Direct2florist provides a unique new way to order, with transparent fees and more money ending up with the florist than you they would get on orders placed via the big names. That means more for your money this Mother’s Day.
What to write in a card message for mum
Each and every mum is precious to us in their own way, so card messages should be personal and written from the heart. Some tricks to use when thinking of a message include remind mum of fond memories, sharing some of the major things you’re thankful she’s done for you and, of course, telling her what she means to you and that you love her. Don’t forget to say, “Happy Mother’s Day”!
If you’re lost for words and need some inspiration, here’s a selection of Mother’s Day card messages to help!
Ten sweet and simple messages for Mother’s Day
- Happy Mother's Day to the best mum in the world!
- Mum, thank you for everything you do.
- Wishing you all the love in the world on Mother’s Day.
- My inspiration. I can’t imagine life without you. Happy Mother’s Day!
- Thank you for shaping me into the person I am today.
- There’s nothing quite like a mother’s love.
- You’re a mum in a million.
- I love you to the moon and back.
- You’re one impressive mum! Enjoy your day!
- Lots of love. You are the best Mum!
Ten messages perfect for a special mum this Mother’s Day
- They say it’s only a matter of time before you turn into your mother. Well, I say it would be an honour! Love you, Mum!
- There aren’t enough hugs and kisses in the world to show you how much you mean to me.
- It feels amazing to be able to say that not only are you my mother, but you’re also one of my best friends, too. Beyond grateful for you this Mother’s Day.
- Wishing you a day that's full of love, fun and all your favourite things.
- Out of the millions of mums in the world, I'm so grateful that you're mine.
- Here are some flowers to say thank you so much for everything you do, you truly are the best. Happy Mother’s Day.
- Thank you for making our house the happiest place to be.
- On a day dedicated to fabulous mothers, here are fabulous flowers just for you! Happy Mother’s Day!
- Interrupting your breakfast in bed to wish you a warm and joyful Mother’s Day!
- Happy Mother’s Day to the most incredible mother I know. Lots of love on this special day.
Five fantastic card messages for a new mum or mum-to-be
- Happy Mother’s Day! You’re an absolute natural!
- Here’s to the first of many meaningful Mother’s Days!
- Time to add “A+ Mum” to the long list of incredible things about you! Happy Mother’s Day!
- What a lucky baby [baby’s name] is to have you as a mum! Have a beautiful first Mother’s Day!
- I can’t wait to celebrate this day with you and our little one! Happy Mother’s Day!
Seven messages for a perfect partner on Mother’s Day
- I couldn’t have picked a better teammate. Happy Mother’s Day to my beautiful other half.
- How lucky are we to have you? I don’t tell you enough, but I appreciate everything about you and everything you do for us. Happy Mother’s Day!
- I knew you’d be an incredible mum, but there are few things more beautiful than seeing it in person. Love you!
- Thank you for being such an incredible parent to our children. I admire not only the mother you are but the person you are.
- It’s incredible how much my love for you grows deeper than I ever thought possible as we share experiences together year after year. Love you so much.
- Have I mentioned how much I love building a life with you? Happy Mother’s Day to the best partner and mum anyone could ask for.
- The best decision I ever made was choosing to share my life with you. Happy Mother’s Day!
Five Mother’s Day messages with a touch of humour
- Wishing you the loveliest of Mother's Day, from your favourite child.
- You might have failed miserably with my sibling, but at least you succeeded with me!
- Thanks for putting up with me, I know you love a challenge.
- Happy Mother’s Day to my best friend, greatest teacher and cheapest therapist!
- OK, I’ll admit it: You were right. (Yes, about everything!) Happy Mother’s Day!
And finally, five quotes from film and TV that could be used for Mother’s Day card messages
“The older you get, the better you get. Unless you’re a banana.” – Rose on Golden Girls
“I need her to make me some cocoa and tell me that everything that is going badly in my life will sort itself out.” — Kathleen Kelly in You've Got Mail
“My mom is too cool.” – Hallie Parker, The Parent Trap
“There are no rules in this house; I’m not like a regular mom, I’m a cool mom.” – Mrs. George, Mean Girls
“Being a mom is not a job. There are no nights off. We don’t punch in and punch out.” – Meredith Grey, Grey’s Anatomy
Why do some countries celebrate Mother’s Day on a different date?
While the UK celebrates Mothering Sunday on the fourth Sunday of Lent, around the world the festival of mums takes place on a variety of different dates. There is one day that unites nations around the world, however and that is International Mother’s Day.
Celebrated on the second Sunday in May, countries that Direct2florist customers will be sending International Mother’s Day flowers to include Australia, Belgium, Brazil, Canada, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Germany, Greece, Hong Kong, Italy, Malta, New Zealand, Netherlands, Singapore, South Africa, Switzerland and the United States.
International Mother’s Day holiday arose in the 1900s as a result of the efforts of Anna Jarvis. Following her mother’s death in 1905, Anna Jarvis conceived of Mother’s Day as a way of honouring the sacrifices mothers made for their children.
After gaining financial backing from a Philadelphia department store owner named John Wanamaker, in May 1908 she organised the first official Mother’s Day celebration at a Methodist church in Grafton, West Virginia. That same day also saw thousands of people attend a Mother’s Day event at one of Wanamaker’s retail stores in Philadelphia.
Following this success, Anna resolved to see her holiday added to the national calendar, arguing that American holidays were biased toward male achievements. By 1912 many states, towns and churches had adopted Mother’s Day as an annual holiday, and Jarvis had established the Mother’s Day International Association to help promote her cause (which is why the day is celebrated in so many countries around the world). Her persistence paid off in 1914 when President Woodrow Wilson signed a measure officially establishing the second Sunday in May as Mother’s Day.
Mother's Day Flower Delivery You Can Rely On
Flowers and plants are always a popular choice for a Mother’s Day gift and arranging flower delivery for Mother’s Day couldn’t be easier through Direct2florist.
Direct2florist offer a simple ordering process. 100% secure online ordering and multiple payment options available. Pay with Apple Pay, Visa, Mastercard or Paypal.
Our customer’s enjoy sending the best, and that’s exactly what our independent local florists deliver. Don’t just take our word for it, Read our latest reviews here. We’re rated 4.8 on both Trustpilot and 4.8 on Feefo.
Mother's Day Bouquets, Baskets, Vases And More
Direct2florist offer a super selection of floral gifts suitable for mums of all ages, at prices that won’t hurt your pocket. Our Mother’s Day Flowers, featuring beautiful bouquets, hand-tieds, vases, traditional bouquets through to modern designs, all handmade with freshness guarantee and delivered on Mother’s Day by independent local florists. If you would like your flowers for mother to be delivered on the Saturday, turning the occasion into Mother's Day weekend, that’s no problem either!
Our arrangements are handmade by one of our talented florists and personally delivered on Mothering Sunday (or any other day for that matter), complete with your personalised card message, there's no better way to show you care than with flowers.
So, for the perfect Mother’s Day gift, look no further - let Direct2florist take the strain... we know your mum will be pleased. Order flowers now with confidence in just a few clicks.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I find florists near me for Mother’s Day Flowers?
Direct2florist was created to help customers like yourself to find the best local florists worldwide. To find a florist to deliver Mother's Day Flowers, simply enter the delivery postcode in the yellow search bar, or start typing the first line of the recipient's address and you’re off and running.
I want to send flowers for UK Mother’s Day Flowers to Australia, Can Direct2florist make this happen?
Not only can we make this happen, but you can place your flower order online in minutes. Direct2florist offer international Mother’s Day flower delivery to 22 countries, with the popular UK & IE Mother’s Day delivery destinations including Spain, Malta, Cyprus, New Zealand and South Africa. Simply select the country flag in the search menu before entering the delivery postcode.